In order to manage our growing portfolio and expand the team, we are looking to hire on a permanent contract basis.
“Project & Site Manager”
Who will be responsible for the completion of EER’s newest wind energy projects in Spain. You will report to the Engineering Manager located in Santiago de Compostela.
Project & Site Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the construction of a wind project/farm. The project & site manager will start his/her activities from the construction of the project and her/his responsibilities will include providing operational readiness support from construction to commercial operations, as well as managing the day- to day- operations of the wind farm. He/She is organised and possesses good interpersonal and communication skills. He/She works well with cross-functional teams in a multicultural environment.
- Manage construction of wind energy projects and site management once the wind energy project is operational.
- Liaise with Owner´s engineering during the construction activities
- Control and oversee Owner’s engineer’s work, key contractor’s activities and conduct review/ verification of contractual milestones;
- Monitoring the construction project plan in order to determine time frame, budgeting for each phase of project execution and procedures for accomplishing the project.
- Identify staffing requirements to various phases of project to assure that the project requirements can be met.
- Manage the execution of and compliance with project specifications, construction contracts and work in collaboration with Owner´s engineering team to ensure adequate scopes of work are executed under those contracts.
- Provide regular reporting updates to the Engineering Manager on forecasted and controlled expenditures so that the project remains within budget.
- Provide regular reporting updates in scheduled project meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide or coordinate engineering support for development and permitting activities as needed.
- Work in partnership with development department(s) of the local municipality/governmental authorities to assure a seamless transition of sites into the construction phase
As Site manager
- Be involved within the Asset Management team to manage all technical issues and drive performance of the assets by making recommendations for value or performance enhancements.
- Investigate the root causes of the underperformances and/or issues affecting the assets and advice on potential solutions available in the market.
- Review all reports from operational subcontractors such as EPC contractors, O&M contractors, Grid agreements, etc.
- Necessary support to ensure End of Warranty inspections are completed and maximum value is obtained from EPC/OEM contractors.
- Advice on the appropriateness and cost of any works proposed on the site.
- Prepare regular progress and management reports and support internal reporting, including bank reporting when necessary.
- Support all aspects of complying with grid, planning and other permits
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure budgets are correct and well managed
- Define and monitor technical KPIs for external or other contractors’ performance
- Maintain and strength relationships with stakeholders (landowners, municipalities, etc), by holding regular meetings.
- Periodically visit the assets to check the status of the services and the KPIs
- Attend visitors (upon request from headquarter or shareholders) to the project sites
Required Skills & Qualification:
- Relevant work experience in the field of wind energy construction/ site management of 5+ years
- Project Management and Project Risk Mitigation
- Proactive and result driven team player with solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Renewable Energy, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Analytical skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Package
- Fluency in Spanish and English
Desirable skills & Qualification:
- Affinity with international environments.
- General interest in Renewables
Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements including curriculum vitae and motivation letter. We are looking forward to receiving your application at email@example.com !
NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work and live in the European Union (EU) and/or have an EU-passport will be considered for this role.