Eurus Energy Group develops, invests in and operates renewable energy projects worldwide, with a focus on onshore wind and photovoltaic projects. Starting from its first project in California in 1987, Eurus now has over 4 GW of wind and solar power generation worldwide. Amsterdam-based Eurus Energy Europe B.V.(“EEE”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Eurus Energy Holdings Corporation, which is owned by listed Japanese company, Toyota Tsusho Corporation. EEE operates renewable energy projects in Europe with a total exceeding 1 GW. More renewable energy projects will be built in the coming years.
In order to manage our growing portfolio and expand the team, we are looking to hire a
“Windfarm Control Room Operator”
for renewable energy projects (wind & solar) in The Netherlands. You will be based in Groningen-city.
Optimizing the performance of renewable energy assets (wind & solar) is key during the operational phase. As a Windfarm Control Room Operator, you will be responsible for the remote monitoring, operation, and analysis of the operational fleet of wind farms in the Netherlands.
You will report to the responsible Asset Management in The Netherlands and will be closely working and supporting with the Asset Management Team in The Netherlands, which is responsible for managing the Company portfolio. You will be part of the European Asset Management Team.
• Remotely monitoring the wind turbines and other plant equipment;
• First point of contact for external parties such as contractors on site;
• First point of contact in case of emergency;
• Daily status monitoring of the assets;
• Performance analysis;
• Follow up on unforeseen stand still and initial fault investigation;
• Manage balance of plant controls: power/curtailment / ice detection systems / shadow detection systems etc.;
• Communicate and coordinate with planners, site technicians, power market party and others;
• Analyse data, troubleshoot and diagnose issues remotely;
• Monitoring weather at sites for safety of the site technicians;
• Work independently and collaboratively on projects and initiatives that enhance the operations and reliability of the assets;
• Position will be on a rotating shift that will require the person to be on standby/work nights, weekends and some holidays (once a month on average);
• Join periodical visual inspections of the wind turbines and sites;
• Periodical performance analysis and reporting;
• Assist Asset Managers on day to day duties;
• Bachelor’s Degree (HTS)/or a study that demonstrates strong analytical skills;
• Or Associate Degree (MBO/MTS) plus relevant working experience;
• Or relevant working experience in a similar job or relevant working experience as wind turbine technician.
• Problem solving and critical thinking;
• Fluent Dutch language skills;
• Sufficient English language skills;
• Valid driver´s license (B)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Package
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• General interest in renewables
• Experience with wind turbines and SCADA software
Competitive Gross Annual Salary in line with market standard including 8% holiday allowance + Performance Bonus (up to 10 % of annual salary, at company’s discretion), Pension Plan, Paid Holidays: 28 days
• Lap top PC and smartphone
• Technical training courses
• Commuting expenses will be paid by the company
• Working Hours: 40 hours per week (8 hours per day including a 60 minutes lunch break from Monday to Friday) + On-Call shift hours
• Self-development program
• Compensation for on-call shift.
Are you interested? Please send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter (in English) to HRGA@eurus-europe.com We look forward to receiving your application.
NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work and live in the European Union (EU) and/or have an EU-passport will be considered for this role.